Commissioned by NEM Energy, VIRO helped design the foundations for a new turbine and feedwater pumps at slurry processor SNB in Moerdijk, as well as drawing up the work specifications, providing procurement support and taking care of quality control.
Foundation construction tasks
- Recommendations concerning the foundations
- Statistical calculations for the foundations, using SCIA Engineer
- Compilation and development of the piling plan, construction drawings and reinforcement drawings
- Compilation and development of the work specifications
- Procurement support during the tendering process, including contractor selection and assessment of prices and contract variations
- Co-ordination of work with NEM’s construction manager and the contractor
- Laser scan for the working design of the steam turbine’s soundproof casing
- Dynamic calculations for the turbine foundations
- Development of measures to prevent unwanted vibration
If you would like to learn more about what VIRO can do for you, please contact one of our specialists at your nearest VIRO office.